At this time Norton Public Schools (NPS) has collectively decided that in response to the State of Emergency by Governor Baker, NPS will be determining the cancellation of school events and activities on a two-week calendar basis. The first two-week block is March 11-25.
In an effort to keep everyone as safe as can be, for the period of March 11-25:
- Afternoon/After School/Evening/Weekend events that are attended by students only (and faculty members) will take place as scheduled, or until further notice.
- We are postponing all after school evening events that involve adults entering our buildings along with students, as well as events that take place during the school day and allow for the gathering of adults (parents, grandparents, etc.).
- All volunteers are asked to not volunteer in our schools.
- All field trips are postponed.
- Staff professional development events that take place outside the District, including conferences and trainings, will be cancelled or rescheduled as able.
NPS continues to monitor this situation on a daily basis and will communicate any updates. Please refer to the NPS website (www.norton.k12.ma.us) for up-to-date information.