Norton Middle School Summer Learning Assignments for Students entering grade 6, 7 and 8:
There are no mandatory summer assignments. We are encouraging interested students and families to participate in the Norton Public Library’s summer reading program.
Welcome to Summer Reading 2022!
Norton Public Library presents six weeks of summer fun for ages 0-18!
Tuesday, July 5 - Friday, August 12
Register in person in the children's room starting July 5.
- Ages 0-5 will complete brain-building early literacy activities
- Ages 6-11 will record each 20 minutes of reading on our sticker log for a total goal of 1000 minutes
- Ages 12-18 will complete exciting reading challenges
The more challenges you complete, the more entries you'll get into our All-Ages Summer Reading Prize Raffle, and everyone who registers gets a free book at the end of the summer! Raffle winners will be drawn August 19, so return your reading logs before then!
We encourage you to:
- Read in new ways - outdoors, upside down, with friends, as an audiobook!
- Read new things - nonfiction, graphic novels, digital magazines - all reading is real reading!
- Read adventurously - We suggest books about summer camp, road trips, travel, wilderness survival, and general outdoorsiness, but feel absolutely free to read anything that gets your mind going, your heart racing, and your pages turning!!
Mathematics: For Mathematics we encourage students to explore Khan Academy. A free website where kids can practice skills to stay sharp or even challenge themselves with new material. It is a great website for all grades and levels of learners. http://www.khanacademy.org/